[Panel-devel] MiniPager patch

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:10:46 CEST 2005

Alright here's a big one guys and gals, KMiniPager just got owned!
Let's see.. here are the changes in short:
   * Split off PagerButton from PagerApplet
   * Live background (for a current scaled image of your background)
      -- Changed view options to "Plain, Transparent, or Live"
defaulting on "Plain"
   * KConfigXT support
   * mad amount of cleanups

While most of it works just like the old minipager, there are a few
things that I know are broken, so before you get to replying with bugs
take a gander:
   * If you change the background of a desktop when not currently on
that desktop, the button right now will only refresh when you switch
to that background (with the exclusion of changing from separate
backgrounds to a common background on all desktops)
   * You seem to be able to drag windows out of a virtual desktop if
it's hidden. (Try hiding all windows on a given desktop and then
dragging the empty space in the virtual desktop, it should allow you
to drag a previously nonexistant square)
   * I'm not sure if this currently applies (I don't feel like
restarting right now..) but there used to be an issue with refreshing
the virtual desktops when KDE starts and minipager is loaded with the
Live BackgroundType.

Anyway, please play with the code, make fixes, bug me... This is by no
means the final version of it, but I've finally come to my saturation
point on this little applet for the new day or so =) Happy hacking!

--
Matt Broadstone
E-mail: mbroadst at gmail.com