[Panel-devel] Superkaramba theme dialog

Matt matt-lists at comnet.net.nz
Sat Jun 4 22:54:12 CEST 2005

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 07:16, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> On Saturday, 4. June 2005 19:54, Matt wrote:
> > Is there going to be a way to prevent multiple instances running?  I have
> > a licensing problem with weather.com.  They only permit one instance of
> > an application that downloads data from their xml page to be running at a
> > time. I would like to be able to turn this option off if possible.
>
> They make a difference between one instance opening several windows and
> several instances of the same application? How do they define an instance?
> An open window or a process? Sounds weird.. why didn't they just set a
> limit to the number of requests per hour? And if you use kio, it will be
> one or several kio_http processes which download the data, maybe you should
> take that into account too ;)
>
> Fred

They say that your application may only display weather for one location at a
time.  So if there is more than one theme running at a time, strictly
speaking, I will be in breach of the terms.

I'm proposing to have a facility soon where users can toggle between 5
different locations within the same theme.  But this would mean that only one
location at a time is being displayed.

I don't know how strict weather.com is in enforcing their terms of service,
but I'd rather not risk losing this facility, as that would basically be the
end of liquid weather.  That would be disappointing given that it seems to be
used by thousands of kde users.

Matt