[Panel-devel] Patch for KickerTip

Martin Raum DerWeisseRabe at gmx.de
Fri Jun 3 09:40:30 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2005 09:33 schrieb Barış Metin:
> Cuma 03 Haziran 2005 03:45 tarihinde, Aaron J. Seigo şunları yazmıştı:
> [...]
>
> > my only concern with this mechanism is that it doesn't allow the client
> > to change the tip on demand. it basically has to know in advance when it
> > will change. given the nature of the clock this is usually ok, except
> > when the user change the timezone (e.g. scroll wheels over it). this
> > should cause immediate changes in the KickerTip window.
>
> I can agree with that. Providing a way for client to change the tip on
> demand is a necessity. But should we also provide a "autoUpdate(bool)"
> function for clients that just don't care? Or do you say its trival to code
> it in clients who needs that kind of behaviour?
>
> best regards,

I think my code is able to do both. And it will fix a mistake I've made in the
Header.
Just move the function updateData() from protected: (it should be in protected
slots:, because of the timer, which needs the slot) to public slots:. Then it
is accessible in a good way. The applet may call is when ever it wants and
KickerTip will fetch the needed information fom updateKickerTip().

Martin