[Panel-devel] wrapping up for 3.5

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Thu Jun 2 00:17:02 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 02:00, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > And secondly, is it possible to speed up the development and join the
> > KDE4 development earlier? If so how :).
>
> those two questions are one and the same. the sooner we get through 3.5
> milestones, the quicker we can move to KDE4 development.

My guess was like that too :).

[...]
> 	o finish the KickerTip-ization of the panel. in particular, the clock and
> quicklauncher should use KickerTip

Fred said that he had done the work for quicklauncher. I can work for the
clock applet, as the starting point.

[...]
I'm also intrested in some of the other tasks bu I want to go step by step.
You know for know with baby steps :).

> Default Settings
>
> 	o i'd like to see us sweep through the default settings for kicker and
> make some choices for a beter set up. e.g. the Plain Clock over Digital.
> perhaps even go so far as to put TWO panels (gasp!) on the desktop. nothing
> too, too crazy, but something meaningful. we'll have a couple of months
> before 3.5 is out to gather reactions and testing, so i think this is a
> perfect release to do this.

Great. I totally agree that we need some change with default settings. Plain
Clock was one of my choices too. An other one is bold text for K menu button
which gives a more polished look. And there are some others but we can talk
over tham later on.

> so that's the action item list as i see it. if you have other ideas, please
> add them to this thread. if you'd like to claim one of these items, please
> note as much in this thread. i should probably put this online somewhere
> and keep a running tally as to what is happening with them. perhaps this
> weekend i'll throw up a quicky webpage to do this.

I prefer to start with your list :).

regards,
--
Barış Metin