[Panel-devel] SuperKaramba roadmap for 3.5 freeze

Ryan Nickell p0z3r at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 01:57:41 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 17:45 -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 05:20, Ryan Nickell wrote:
> > Btw, what's our timeline again for 3.5 freeze Aaron?
>
> that's being discussed on kde-core-devel right now actually. it seems to be
> coming down to "there will be a global freeze sooner rather than later
> (probably August), but each application is free to choose to shorten that up
> for their own app voluntarily so as to join the KDE4 effort sooner."
>
> i'm doing the latter with kicker so that 3.5 is more or less Out Of The
> Way(tm) by the end of June and can go into maintenance mode.
That's what I was wanting to know. I just wanted to get a timeline so
that we(SK devs) can get things stable, tested, moved out of kdereview,
and then give ourselves some time to get environments setup for the KDE
4.0 stuff.

> SK is by no means held to that same schedule however. if you wish to take
> advantage of the full 3.5 devel cycle to make SK kick ass yet more, please do
> so. =)
That may happen depending on the RoadMap, but it should be on course
with what you are doing.