[Panel-devel] Let's talk Extenders

Hans Oischinger hans.oischinger at h3c.de
Thu Jul 28 11:41:28 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 00:57, Amaury Chamayou wrote:
> > Are we still considering the ZUI layer?  If so, it should also be one of
> > the states available to Plasmoids, not extenders.  Btw, wouldn't
> > 'Sunken' be a plasmoid and not an extender?
>
> Sunken is a plasmoid yes, sorry. I'm not sure of how this would integrate
> with the ZUI. Maybe the ZUI could just bring all the plasmoids at the top,
> or something like that... (possibly with a darkish transparent background
> to make them easy to distinguish). I'll be doing a mockup of that tomorrow.

Yeah, but I don't see how ZUI should be another state of plasmoids. ZUI should
rather provide different states for the desktop like "normal", "exposing
plasmoids in way xy", etc.
But I don't know if the term ZUI really applies to the "different views" of
the desktop that we were talking about at kde-artists.org. After all we don't
zoom anywhere, we just give access to plasmoids.

Hans