[Panel-devel] Let's talk Extenders

Amaury Chamayou achamayou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 28 00:57:44 CEST 2005

> > -Everything can be torn off to become a plasmoid integrated in the
> > desktop or docked in a bar/kicker/panel stuff/whatever you name it (or
> > even a big meta app to make a task, more on this later, it's not ready
> > yet...). Think of your desktop as a mosaic and plasmoids are little color
> > square.
>
> And also Plasmoids can be docked, in which they become an extender.

Well yes, let's say plasmoid is the floating form of an extender.

> Are we still considering the ZUI layer?  If so, it should also be one of
> the states available to Plasmoids, not extenders.  Btw, wouldn't
> 'Sunken' be a plasmoid and not an extender?

Sunken is a plasmoid yes, sorry. I'm not sure of how this would integrate with
the ZUI. Maybe the ZUI could just bring all the plasmoids at the top, or
something like that... (possibly with a darkish transparent background to
make them easy to distinguish). I'll be doing a mockup of that tomorrow.

Amaury Chamayou