[Panel-devel] Text clock

Fred Schaettgen kde.sch at ttgen.net
Thu Jul 21 16:22:11 CEST 2005

On Thursday, 21. July 2005 02:53, Jessica Hall wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:13, Dennis SCP wrote:
> > As the code for the Kicker clock has been dumped I think its best to
> > talk about the clock first. So this would be my description of the way
> > a plasma clock should work:
>
> I'd like to see the clock easily user themeable and have this aspect well
> documented. That would mean we'd only have to ship one basic set of pixmaps
> or theme files with the clock and allow downloading new 'themes' with GHNS.
> I have some clock mockups that are kinda sexy, but I'm waiting to see what
> kind of extensibility we get with karamba integration before I start to
> work on some code.

As Aaron said, the new clock will be based on styleclock (on kde-apps.org), so
it _will_ be themeable and it's already decided that the KDE4 version will
fetch new themes via GHNS. I already agreed to take care of it, but we didn't
talk about any deadlines back then and I definitely won't be able to do it
before September. If this is a serious problem for anyone, then someone else
has to go for it, I'm sorry.
The existing script interface of styleclock has nothing to do with karamba so
far, but it would be good if it could reuse the karamba scripting interface.
I have already described what would be desireable from my POV (see the thread
"Superkaramba applets configuration"), but I don't know how good this matches
the plans of karamba people.

Fred

--
Fred Schaettgen