[Panel-devel] Helping Out

Colin Thomsen colin at freeshell.org
Sat Jul 16 15:31:09 CEST 2005

Thanks,

I've now got kdebase building for the most part. I have a few questions:
- Are most developers using Kdevelop? Are there any project files available?
- How do you test your changes? I tried running kate from the installed
KDEbase and it mainly worked, aside from some serious font issues, but
how do most developers test run their code?
- What can I help out with?

Hopefully I'm almost at a stage where I can contribute. I've done a lot
of C++/QT work, but none of it for KDE before so I'm learning quite a bit.

Incidentally, if anyone else has a problem with finding
/usr/share/bin/kalyptus, I had to add [kde4dir]/kdelibs/kdecore/ to my
path (at the beginning) because otherwise the program that creates .kidl
files was finding another version of kde-config and setting some
variables incorrectly.

Cheers,

Colin