[Panel-devel] Collaboration

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 12 19:12:34 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 09:57, Pedro Suarez Casal wrote:
> > Welcome to the wonderland of Plasma ;).

yes, indeed, welcome =)

> > KDE4 & Plasma TODO for kicker:
> > http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/kde4/kdebase/kicker/TODO_KDE4?rev=433
> >65 9&view=auto
>
> I was reading this document, and I have a doubt: can I start working on any
> code? are there sections assigned to particular people or something
> similar? I wouldn't like to start modifying something, and after two hours
> of work see the changes sent by another developer.

right now the biggest thing that needs to be done is to get the applets and
the menuext directories building ... there are still some applets not
building, and most of those simply need to have libkickermain added to their
Makefile.am's (you can see how this is done in the systemtray or other
applets that build) due to kpanelapplet having been moved and some basic
porting  tasks here and there ...

ditto for the menuext dir...

there are a number of tasks after that as well, from helping to document the
API in kicker/libkicker and giving things in their dptrs to various tasks
involving the reworking of code in kicker/kicker itself

if you'd like to work on any of that, please just let us know here on the list
(along with any questions) and we'll all do our best to stay out of your way.
we're also on the freenode.net irc network in #plasma and that's a GREAT way
to coordinate work in real time.