[Panel-devel] Fwd: Re: skz files and a crash

Matt matt-lists at comnet.net.nz
Tue Jul 5 10:47:25 CEST 2005

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:12, Ryan Nickell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 07:06 +1200, Matt wrote:
> > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 04:49, Ryan Nickell wrote:
> > > It this slow down from using an unpacked theme or are you comparing
> > > performance of .skz themes to the older format of unpacked themes?
> >
> > It's from an .skz theme.
>
> Figured as much.  I'm thinking about making all themes unpack into
> ~/.kde/share/apps/superkaramba/themes, instead of leaving .skz's as an
> archive.  That would speed up the startup time again.

Startup time's not an issue for me - it would be better, if the redrawWidget
bug was fixed, so my splash screen would display ;).  The real killer for me
is the animation speed.  It's painful for .skz files, but fine for non-.skz.
Although, having completely re-written my theme to accommodate .skz files,
and not being able to set relative paths properly, I'd be gutted if we went
backwards again.  Maybe you don't see the slow-down in animation, because
you've got a fast machine, but on my p3 600Mhz laptop, animation of lwp is
slow.