[Panel-devel] kde4 clock

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 1 09:34:18 CEST 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 05:21, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Except for the fact that the clock, by far, is perhaps the most important
> applet on the desktop (from my POV). Rather than removing it completely,
> can't we just whittle away all the extra stuff and provide just a plain
> clock? (iow, remove all the clock types but plain, and take away the
> displaying of the time zones.)

are you volunteering to port it to qt4 and whittle it away like this?

i have no desire to spend any time whatsoever on that piece of crap since it's
going to get replaced anyways. for all 2 people using kde4 as their primary
desktop right now (if the number is that high) i think we can live without a
clock temporarily.

the reason i asked for an update on styleclock availability was to see WHEN i
could remove it, because i don't want to be without a clock for 4 or 5
months. a few weeks on the other hand is bearable.