[Panel-devel] Very early plasma code

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:31:24 CET 2005

On 12/14/05, Riccardo Iaconelli <info at ruphy.com> wrote:
> Alle 18:45, martedì 13 dicembre 2005, hai scritto:
> > Hey guys,
> >     I've just posted the code I've been playing around with for a few
> > weeks, specifically regarding the part migration ideas Ian and I were
> > bouncing around. For now it's sitting in trunk/playground/base/plasma,
> > and while it's very far from being the real deal, it shows some of the
> > possibilities. I've been building it just inside kdebase, a fresh
> > unsermake -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure ... will generate the makefiles
> > for you and let you build and play with the code - we can't build it
> > inside playground right now because playground still requires Qt <
> > 4.x. There's not too much else to say, as I note in the README there
> > are probably a thousand ways to crash this right now - not to mention
> > a number of known issues (a few which I have undoubtedly not
> > reported), but basically I hope this gives the eager hands something
> > to play with a little bit. Enjoy!
> >
> > Matt
> I do apologize for my previous message, I didn't know that you were working on
> this. Now I can work on my task?

I have no clue what you're talking about? Do you mean the task you've
signed up for on the wiki? If so, that relates wholly to kde3's
kicker, so yes you can play with that all you'd like. This code here
is for new ideas to perhaps be used in plasma.

FYI, I've moved the code to branches/work/kde4/playground/base, so you
should be able to just check that out and build the code right there -
instead of placing it in say kdebase.

-- Matt