[Panel-devel] cannot compile KDE4 - automake problem

Paul Drummond paul.drummond at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Aug 29 22:45:05 CEST 2005

Ooops, I have fixed it!  The following will only be helpful to (k)ubuntu
users.

(k)Ubuntu comes with automake 1.4 by default but provides seperate packages
for automake 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9.

Using Synaptic I installed each version while keeping the original then just
changed the link to "automake" to switch between versions which didn't work.

I then removes all versions of automake and installed only automake 1.6 (KDE
requires 1.5 but curiously, it's not available!) and now it works fine.