[Panel-devel] Another developer wishing to join...

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 23:42:19 CEST 2005

On 8/24/05, Paul Drummond <paul.drummond at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am very interested in joining the KDE4/Plasma Team.
>
> My name is Paul Drummond and I live in Sunderland in the UK.  I have four
> years professional experience developing C++ applications in Linux and enjoy
> programming in Python Qt and PyQt.

Hi there, welcome.

> At the moment I am trying to install KDE4.  Although I am interested in
> Plasma, I realise the priority at this stage is porting KDE4 but not sure how
> closely related Plasma is to KDE4.

Plasma is very closely related to KDE4. We are taking a few
apps(technologies if you prefer) from KDE3, merging them into one and
making it much more powerful in one fell swoop. Mind you we have
literally years to do this but that is the goal.

> For KDE4 development, do I use kde-devel or this mailing list?
Yes, for general kde development please use kde-devel. This ml, as you
may have guessed, is primarily for Plasma (though it has been known to
be used otherwise in the past ;) )

Anyway, welcome agian, if you need help getting back into things the
past few posts on the mailinglist have been directly related to this
line of question, so take a look. If all else fails, you'll find us
lurking on #Plasma.