[Panel-devel] ATi- Plasma- support

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 04:01:27 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 06:31, danalien wrote:
> On Thursday 18 August 2005 02.11, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 August 2005 03:40, danalien wrote:
> here's a thing you could throw at them (to stirr some 'fire' in the
> conversation).
>
> if ATI guy goes : No we won't fully F/OSS the drivers...

would i like to see open source drivers? you bet! bu ti would expect that ATi
and nVidia's response to your approach would simply be "oh. ok. well, that's
unfortunate. bye!" and then our users would still be stuck with closed source
drivers AND not have the best experience possible with plasma. lose, lose.

i'd like to actually have a relationship with these people so that maybe our
users can have better graphics support on the desktop. and that's really the
full extent of my agenda. i think that should be the full extent of the
plasma agenda as well.

if you wish to take up the "free the graphics card drivers" battle, there are
more appropriate forums for it.