[Panel-devel] Developer Wiki

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:10:00 CEST 2005

Hi all, I attempted to blog about this today but things didn't go as
smoothly as expected :) so here's the text of it:

I'm pleased to announce the opening of the plasma developer wiki!

We've opened up this wiki in a decided effort to resolve the issue of
"too many cooks in the kitchen." Up until now tracking the progress of
the plethora of ideas revolving around Plasma has been somewhat
troublesome, as they are scattered throughout the usual channels (IRC,
mailing list, kde-artists forum). Unfortunately, this has lead to some
confusion with our prospective, and more importantly, current
developers! Hopefully this resource can be used effectively to
clarify, and expedite, the formation of this beast of a project.

I'd especially like to thank hon (Ali Honarvar) for the work he did on
creating the graphics for the site, he worked really hard on this and
put up with a lot of "critique" (how many drafts were there? 30?
hehe).

The site is currently pretty sparse, but that's where the users come
in :-) I started a little bit of my personal developer page showing
off some of my work on Extenders, and Aaron has been filling out the
news section as time permits, but it's really up to the community to
use this or not at this point. I, for one, hope we do!

The wiki is located at http://plasma.kde.org/wiki.

Cheers,
   Matt Broadstone