[Owncloud] Owncloud on Fedora/RHEL 6

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sun Jan 12 00:54:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

after following the discussion about SQLite I wondered whether
you support also PostgreSQL (whcih I prefer over MySQL of any
variety, and it is ... good) and I stumbled upon
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/6.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_linux.html
which says in the relevant part:

    Fedora: Make sure SELinux is disabled or else the
    installation process might fail.

That isn’t a nice thing to say.

 a) There is an officially provided Fedora/EPEL6 package, so
 there is no need to send people to OpenSUSE build system.
 b) I see in our selinux-policy package that there have been
 already made changes to the policy because of OwnCloud. I am
 certain that our SELinux maintainers would love to hear about
 troubles with OwnCloud and SELinux. They are usually really
 fast in fixing any possible problems.  Please, ask them to help
 you and do not switch off SELinux.

Best,

Matěj

Every developer’s hunt for the best editor ends up with Vim, Emacs or
a management position.
  -- Rolf Bjaanes