[Owncloud] owncloud6 stops working within hours on CentOS-6

Jason Haar jhaar at whanau.org
Sun Jan 5 07:06:35 UTC 2014

Hi there

Ever since I installed OC6 a couple of days ago, I'm finding it breaks
within hours. If I restart apache, it works, but when I go look a few
hours later, the home screen contains

----------
Setting locale to
en_US.UTF-8/fr_FR.UTF-8/es_ES.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/ru_RU.UTF-8/pt_BR.UTF-8/it_IT.UTF-8/ja_JP.UTF-8/zh_CN.UTF-8
failed

Please install one of theses locales on your system and restart your
webserver
----------

As it works straight after an apache restart, I can't understand where
this error comes from (ie how can php code act differently later).

Can someone please explain how can I install missing locales? Missing
for what? (especially since they obviously aren't missing when I restart
apache). I've got an English install of CentOS-6/64bit, but my $LANG is
set to en_GB.utf8 - which smells unicode-y to me, so what else should I do?

PS: as I am "playing" with owncloud, I am using sqlite instead of
mysql/etc. Maybe that's related? I dunno :-)

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar