[Owncloud] owncloud6 stops working within hours on CentOS-6

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Jan 5 23:00:11 UTC 2014

On Sunday 05 January 2014 20:07 Jason Haar wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Ever since I installed OC6 a couple of days ago, I'm finding it breaks
> within hours. If I restart apache, it works, but when I go look a few
> hours later, the home screen contains
>
> ----------
> Setting locale to
> en_US.UTF-8/fr_FR.UTF-8/es_ES.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/ru_RU.UTF-8/pt_BR.UTF-8/it_I
> T.UTF-8/ja_JP.UTF-8/zh_CN.UTF-8 failed
>
> Please install one of theses locales on your system and restart your
> webserver
> ----------
>
> As it works straight after an apache restart, I can't understand where
> this error comes from (ie how can php code act differently later).

I think your best option is to open an issue at
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues providing details as explained in
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/issue_template.md

> PS: as I am "playing" with owncloud, I am using sqlite instead of
> mysql/etc. Maybe that's related? I dunno :-)

Well, it doesn't help ;) In my experience SQLite is barely enough for even a
single user install. As it locks the DB, concurrent access is not possible and
can reveal issues that "true" DBMSs doesn't suffer from.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus