[Owncloud] webdav authentication does not fully create user profile

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Tue Jan 7 04:51:01 UTC 2014

Hello Jason,

> Instead of recreating users, I'm using the webdav authentication
> module to enable us to use our existing identity management system.
> Works well
> - except that I cannot manage authorization for such "external users".
> eg I want my external account to have admin privs - but I can't do
> that as the "User" interface doesn't "see" any of the external users
> (more specifically, the ones who have already logged in). Obviously I
> am logged in using the owncloud admin account when I attempt that.

See the discussion in https://github.com/owncloud/apps/pull/1579 - the
external authentication plugins need to implement an own table in which
they keep users.

My (working) fix to simply automatically create local accounts isn't
clean enough as it seems.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-