[Owncloud] webdav authentication does not fully create user profile

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Tue Jan 7 00:29:16 UTC 2014

Hi there

Instead of recreating users, I'm using the webdav authentication module
to enable us to use our existing identity management system. Works well
- except that I cannot manage authorization for such "external users".
eg I want my external account to have admin privs - but I can't do that
as the "User" interface doesn't "see" any of the external users (more
specifically, the ones who have already logged in). Obviously I am
logged in using the owncloud admin account when I attempt that.

I've done similar tricks with mediawiki, drupal, etc before and in those
cases using an external authentication source still makes the package
trigger a local "account" or "profile" creation event, so that all the
other components can still work. Should something similar happen with
owncloud?

Thanks

--
Cheers