[Owncloud] coding needed for OC feature "share gallery by link", it is paid!

JS js08 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 15:37:37 UTC 2013

Dear OC fans,

I am new to OwnCloud and I don't consider myself a technical expert.
However, I love OC. Yet, I am missing one important feature. So far it
is not possible to share the picture gallery with a link. You can share
folders with a link but then recipients can't view the pictures in a
gallery style. The OC picture gallery can be shared only to registered
members but I don't want register everyone to whom I just want to show
some pictures.

I think such a feature would help quite a lot to promote OC as a serious
alternative to dropbox etc. Many other people are also interested in
such a feature:

https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/1147
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15768
https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15151

Therefore, I started a small crowdfunding on bountysource.com:
https://www.bountysource.com/issues/831597

Currently, we have collected more than $200. If you have spare time and
a good idea how to implement a gallery-sharing function via link go
ahead and claim the bounty!

Jakob