[Owncloud] Different address books. Was: Re: feature freeze

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Sep 14 14:55:58 UTC 2013

On Saturday 14 September 2013 13:50 Tornóci László wrote:
> if I understand correctly OC6 makes is possible to actually use
> different addressbooks in Contacts, right? Currently, if I have more
> that one addressbook, there is no way to tell which one I want to add a
> new contact to.

That is possible at least from 5.0.11. Not sure when I backported it.

> Unfortunately this means sharing of addressbooks is
> impossible (if I do it, the person I share it with cannot use her own
> addressbook any more). So OC6 promises to solve this, right?

Yes. See above.

> What about accessing remote addressbooks? The LDAP support seems to
> suggests that possibility. That would be really great news!

The backend has been rewritten to support different address book backends. To
start with only with two basic backends: local which is your own address
books, and shared which is of course the ones shared with you ;)
We will be releasing LDAP support as a preview functionality you will have to
enable manually, because it has not been tested in a wide audience.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus