[Owncloud] IE8 compatibility issue with stable5

Lennart Rosam lennart at familie-rosam.de
Wed Sep 11 09:40:16 UTC 2013

Hey there,

I did see on some older machines running Windows XP + IE 8, that the
compatibility view sometimes gets triggered when using ownCloud. That does
mess up the rendering quite a bit as SVGs don't get replaced with their PNG
counterparts.

I was not able to reproduce this myself but I did see that there was a PR to
fix this, which has been merged:

https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/3179

The introduced meta-tag is in master, but not in stable5, decreasing
compatibility with IE 8 on these older machines. Would it be OK if I
backport this to stable5 ?

Regards,

Lennart