[Owncloud] Not seeing Shared entries while using KDE Kontact/Kalendar

Joerg Mertin smurphy at solsys.org
Wed Oct 16 16:11:45 UTC 2013

FYI - I managed to get it to work.
It was actually my own self inflicted over confidence that "I can get everything
to run stored on my NAS".

Thing is - I had configured a long time ago (with one of the first akonadi
versions) my mail system and calendar and addresses to use the NAS remote
mysql database.
In the meantime I had done so many changes that this DB was completely
corrupt.

What I did to get it work, was actually a fresh start.
I removed all existing configuration files of akonadi on my KDE system, removed
the existing local DB, and wiped the NAS akonadi DB.

I then restarted it all and configured the Calendar and Address book into the
respective applications under KDE - to use the specifically provided links
under the owncloud settings tab.

Now it works. It is amazingly fast, and I have all I need where it is supposed
to be.

It is also quite stable :} I am impressed by both - KDE Kontact + Owncloud !

Thx to all  Developers !

Cheers
Joerg

--
There are never any bugs you haven't found yet.
| Joerg Mertin              :  smurphy at solsys.org                (Home)|