[Owncloud] Not seeing Shared entries while using KDE Kontact/Kalendar

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed Oct 16 10:52:22 UTC 2013

Hey,

which KDE version?

When I used Kontact, I simply used generic *dav type to configure
ownCloud calenders and contacts, instead of the ownCloud type. All
calenders were shown, including shared ones. So far so good.

However, even in KDE 4.11 Kontact/Akonadi is so much unusable and has
(for me) many bugs in many places. Including displaying of
calendars/contacts/mails, searching Contacts etc. Eventually, I
completely got rid of it, because it was not usable in a productive way.
I am using Evolution now. It works. Though i don't like the application
too much, compared to Kontact it is usable and compared to Thunderbird
has a better UX imho.

Cheers
Arthur

P.S.: I am really really sad about this, because Kontact itself is an
awesome application, unfortunately never reached the stability in the
KDE 4 cycle that it had before. Would it not be dramatic showstopper, it
is superior to all the groupwares I know.