[Owncloud] end-to-end QA testing framework for core storage functionality

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Sat Nov 23 11:27:38 UTC 2013

Hello,

Many thanks for this pointer. How closely pyOwnCloud behaviour follows the existing ocsync and the upcoming owncloudcmd?

The reason why we currently use the command-line ocsync client is to have the test system as close as possible to the regular desktop GUI client as the end-users have it. In owncloud 5 / ocsync 1.4 this is *almost* equivalent. The differences include the configuration (ignored file list settings, bandwith throttle), session management of http connections and inotify-based trigger of syncing. For the moment I think this is close enough.

If I understand with newest versions of the sync client ocsync is replaced by owncloudcmd which would then be *exactly* equivalent to the desktop GUI client.

kuba