[Owncloud] end-to-end QA testing framework for core storage functionality

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Thu Nov 21 20:17:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

We have recently worked on a  framework for end-to-end testing of core storage functionality of owncloud (sync, file download/upload, conflicts, trashbin, versioning, sharing).

The goal is to test a particular owncloud server instance and clients deployed in a local environment. In some future we would like to have enough test coverage to provide a high level of QA confidence before deploying a version in production, upgrades or configuration changes. This is also a way for us to understand, capture and keep track of the behaviour of the system (which is non-trivial).

We uploaded first few tests to github here together with a version 0.1 of the test driver (quite preliminary):

https://github.com/opensmashbox/smashbox

The test-cases are in lib/

Ideas, contributions, reactions - welcome!

Best regards,

kuba