[Owncloud] Installing owncloud from git sources

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Mon Nov 18 09:33:24 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 18.11.2013 um 9:44 schrieb Romain Vrignaud:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to help in bug tracking before oc6 release.
> It's hard to work only with beta release tar balls as many bugs are already
> fixed in master.
>
> I'm trying to install oc from git :
> I checked out core (v6.0.0beta4 tag), apps (v6.0.0beta4 tag), 3rdparty
> (v6.0.0beta3 tag).

I'd recommend to work on the master branches as fixes will be merged into master.

> I symlinked all apps in apps repo in core/apps and 3rdparty in
> core/3rdparty.

Generally speaking there is no need for symlinking the 3rdparty repo.
It is hooked up as a git submodule just do the following:
git submodule init
git submodule update

> Is that a correct way to install it from sources ?
>
> I have an error when creating db : http://pastebin.com/UfLY4tzk
> Is that a bug in code or am I doing something  wrong ?

Looks like an issue with the media app - you already found your first bug - congratulations ;-)

Maybe you simply disable/remove the media app.

Thanks a lot,

Tom