[Owncloud] ownCloud 6 Rest API

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Wed Nov 13 15:21:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

I believe the WebDAV interface is sufficient as API for file/folder operations of any kind.
Maintaining a second API for the same feature doesn't make much sense from my point of view.

For sharing there is the OCS Share API which should allow you all operations which are necessary.

There is one more API called the provisioning api which takes care about operations around users and groups.
This API has been developed as an Enterprise feature and is only available in the Enterprise Edition.

Regarding versions there are no plans I'm aware of to build an API of any kind, but as this is related to
the scope of files I'd build this inside the WebDAV protocol space as well - maybe ;-)

Regards,

Thomas