[Owncloud] internal server error?

Roland Hager roland.hager at tu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 6 09:56:20 UTC 2013

On 05.11.2013 21:54, maex wrote:
> Hi Stefan,,
> see : https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/5000
> or the issue i created : https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/1126
>
> Sometimes I had a infinity crash for a certain updated file to upload.
> And sometimes one crash and the second try was successfully.
>
> The mentioned workaround, seams to work for now.
>
> Matthias
> [...]

Yes, the current stable5 tree in github seems to fix the issue #5000.
For some reason there is still no bugfix release for this show stopper,
so you need to get it from github directly.

BUT: The issue occurred (at least for me) in version 5.0.11 (and
persists in 5.0.12) NOT in version 5.0.10.

An "internal server error" means the PHP process died for some reason
and cannot answer any more requests. If the problem does not occur the
next time everything is fine. Not really self-healing ... sounds more
like temporary problems.
Those "Internal Server Error" could have plenty of reasons ... If you
use mod_fcgid for excecuting PHP there are some timeouts that may
trigger a 500'er like FcgidIOTimeout.  php.ini limits may also trigger a
500'er. All those limits may or may not be triggered by "evil OC code",
hard to say without inspecting the server.

Best regards
Roland Hager