[Owncloud] what's the best way to synchronize without X (without the gui client) on linux?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Nov 1 12:12:37 UTC 2013

On Friday, November 01, 2013 12:04:47 Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:
> yes I'd be interested to use the plasma non-gui sync process, since I didn't
> succeed in compiling mirall according
> to http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.4/building.html (it fails with the
> error ‘CSYNC_STATUS’ not being declared).

As Daniel notes, this error probably stems from using the wrong csync. The
situation is a bit messy due to a fork of csync that hasn't been merged back
(and I don't know if that's actually the plan). It doesn't make building
owncloud clients a lot easier.

That said, you'll need to build mirall to get the headless Plasma client. Pull
from https://github.com/sebasje/mirall.git, checkout the plasmaclient branch
and build that. It will build what you need additionally to the "normal"
mirall. The binary of the headless client is called owncloudsyncd.

Let me know your findings.

Cheers,
--
sebas