[Owncloud] ownCloud 5 encryption pre release

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Thu May 30 21:35:50 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 02:53:56 PM Arthur Schiwon wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 01:55:08 PM Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
> > > 2. I'm authenticating against LDAP. After enabling encryption, the first
> > > login always fails with HTTP error 500. After reloading the page, I'm
> > > logged in.
> >
> > I don't have a LDAP here. Can you or someone else with an LDAP try to
> > debug it?
>
> I will try it with LDAP, not sure I come round to it by today but tomorrow
> latest.

I can reproduce it:

1. enable encryption app (everything fine)
2. log in as LDAP user → breaks, 500. Error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileInfo() on a non-object in
/foo/bar/lib/files/filesystem.php on line 621
(Call stack: https://minion.arthur-schiwon.de/ovin/public.php?service=files&t=b649d72d5f68358b592398c0f67c060f )

The encryption failes, the files are not encrypted.

BUUUTTT:

3. logging in as local admin gives me the same error.

Then I wanted to debug around a bit, put some code to get some output. The
error happens for both LDAP and local user on the first file to check in
Crypt::isLegacyEncryptedContent

Sounds like the $defaultInstance in Filesystem is not initialized.

I did not look deeper by new,  but Björn (or Sam or Florin) you can ping me
tomorrow to hunt this down.

Cheers
Arthur

P.S.: Error turns up after every login.

P.P.S.: Newly created files (just tried text files with the editor) can be
created and edited and are stored encrypted. Also uploaded pictures are
encrypted. So, with new files it works correctly, but handling of existing files
seems to be broken.