[Owncloud] Php-push and owncloud

Thomas Wanderer newsabos at nurfuerspam.de
Thu May 23 06:27:09 UTC 2013

Am 23.05.2013 08:24, schrieb Guillaume ZITTA:
> All Xpush are based on microsoft's Activesync protocol that is not
> bijective with carddav.
>
> For ActiveSync only knows about emailaddress1, emailaddress2, emailaddress3
> and vcard can store 1 personal email and 2 professional address for a
> contact.
> You will also have problems with other fields.
>
> If you have a Windows 8 device it could be fine, because you need to
> convert between ActiveSync and carddav
>
> But if like me you have android, which is vcard based, the quality of
> your contacts will decrease in time because of uneeded AS/vcard conv.
> Better look for a carddav apllication on the phone.
>
> If you want to follow the X-push path, look at this project
> https://github.com/xbgmsharp/sogosync

Hello,

very interested in your projects Guillaume as I was following the
development of Z-push quite a while and also noticed your PHP-Push2
earlier already. I'm still undecided which way I should go - using
ActiveSync (AS, zpush) or Cal-/Carddav (CD, sabredav). The 3rd option of
course would be OwnCloud but I'm not totaly happy yet with its stability
and UI for contacts. The following things aren't clear to me yet:

- Z-Push is very pourly documented. Do you have any tips where to start
when I want to hook it into an own project with an LDAP Backend, but I'm
probably going to use my own PHP abstraction layer between (which would
also handle the conversions between CD and AS.

- Could you give more examples which fields are causing problems

- I'm also curious about the option to use z-Push and SabreDav together
as 2 possible synchronisation methods, so clients can choose the one
fitting best. Don't you think an intelligent conversion layer might be
able to solve the problem of field-conflicts between CD and AS?

- What is the advantage of using your PHP-Push instead of Z-Push or the
newly created Syncrotron?

Sorry for asking this questions on the owncloud forum but I used the
possibility of getting a direct contact. You can also answer to my
address only, but maybe others are interested as well in your answers...

Thomas