[Owncloud] How to reply to digest?

Henning Oschwald h.oschwald at gmx.de
Fri May 17 10:11:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Do, Mai 16 2013, Daniel Wunderlich wrote:

> short question: I am very new to mailing-lists and receive this one in
> digest mode. What is the common way to replay to mails from that
> digest that mailman assigns the reply to the origin mail correctly?

Mailman also supports sending the digested articles as message/rfc822 MIME
attachments.As long as your mail client supports replying to attached
mails, you can reply to the attached mails like you would reply to a
normal mail.

I successfully managed doing that with Mutt and Gnus, but it should also
work with other mail clients.

It might be necessary to switch to MIME digests manually, as for any
reason mailman by default puts all mails into the body of the digest
mail rather than sending them as mime attachments.

But actually I aggree to the recommendation to just disable mail
digesting and just receive the regular mails, and probably filter them
into a separate folder. That's by far the most comfortable solution, in
my opinion.

cheers

  Henning