[Owncloud] Baffled by all the sync problems

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Sun May 12 12:45:05 UTC 2013

Hi Vince,

I'm sorry for the problem.

Can you give us a bit more information what could have caused the issues.

- Do you have a stable clock with a timeserver sync on the server?
- Do you have a stable clock with a timeserver sync on all the clients?
- Is the server or the client running on a virtual machine that has a jumping clock because it is suspended during sync?
- Has one of the clients crashed during sync or have you killed it manually?
- Do you have changed or access the files on the server in the data director directly without going through ownCloud?
- Have you installed 5.0.5 directly or have you upgraded from an older version?
- Have you noticed anything strange or special during operation on the clients or on the server?
- Is your setup special in any other way?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Frank