[Owncloud] Baffled by all the sync problems

Vince D. Kimball vince at vkimball.com
Sun May 12 02:32:07 UTC 2013

I know I've posted before, but I have to say that I'm just completely
baffled by all of the sync problems that I have with Owncloud.

I'm the only user on the server.  I have one folder synced with 60-70
files in it.  I'm using 5.0.5 on Ubuntu 10.04.  I only change files on one
computer at a time.  I have 3 clients:  one on Ubuntu 12.04, the second on
Windows XP and the third on Windows 7.

I get conflict files seemingly randomly generated on the server for some
files but not all.  I have conflict files dated 5/3, 5/7 and 5/9.

Lately I've also been getting files seemingly randomly deleted from the
server and from all the clients.  I haven't touched the files that are
being deleted in weeks so I don't understand why they are being deleted.
For some files, the main file is deleted but the conflict files are still
there.

I've also seen files that I know I have not changed have their
modification dates changed.  What could possibly cause this?

I use Unison and other sync software on other directories and don't have
these problems.