[Owncloud] Three Issues

Niko owncloud at nik-o-mat.de
Thu May 9 21:45:14 UTC 2013

Dear List,

I got three Issues to ask you / tell you about:
1) Delete Everything-"Bug"
2) Upload Bandwith-Settings
3) Authenticator

About 1 - Delete Everything-"Bug":
I finally made it to get my OwnCloud-Client 1.2.5 start Syncing my Files
larger than 10MB. Long story. After some Tests I want to Use OwnCloud as
a Dropbox-Alternative now in a "Productive way"! So I decided to wipe
everything from my OwnCloud first and put back in all my desired Files.
This showed a funny thing: As soon as I deleted everything the Client
(still running) started immediately to fetch the missing files from
Server downloading them... So I got some Folders and Files back from my
Server. Ok, no Problem. I was to fast for the Client and I deleted them
once more. Now everything was fine and clean.

Is this a BUG or a Feature? ;)

About 2 - Upload Bandwith-Settings:
I couldn't find anywhere a setting to limit or don't limit my Upload.
With my VDSL-Line here the Client (1.2.5) is "only" using about 3Mbit
from possible 10Mbit. So far so nice, but I would like to give all
possible Bandwith to Owncloud. (By the way, no other upload was
running). And even maybe sometimes I want to limit my Upload to about
10k, if I want to. Is there anywhere a switch I can hit?

About 3 - Authenticator:
Using my OwnCloud on a public Computer would be safer, if I could use a
second Login-Token, like it is used in Dropbox with the Google
Authenticator. As far as I know there is an public API (?) for that. I
am not to deep into this codingthings. Maybe you guys now more about
this! I think it would be worth putting this to OwnCloud!

Thanks and best regards!
Niko