[Owncloud] Idea for GSoC 2013 Webhost in the cloud static pages

Christian Reiner info at christian-reiner.info
Fri Mar 29 07:27:03 UTC 2013

Hello Ashish,

On Friday 29 March 2013 04:26:55 Ashish Singh wrote:
> Thanks for showing interest in my idea but apparently i find out that my
> proposal did not match the scale of the GSoC standards.
ok, that might well be. I have no idea about their requirements myself. But
indeed I would expect that more general approaches adding features or
principles to the core are better accepted than standalone app additions.

> I searched and found that joomla <http://www.joomla.org/> is open
> source and it can used to integrate within owncloud. This will facilitate
> the owner to maintain the content and share it with collaborators in real
> time .
Ok, joomla is wide spread, but in my eyes it is absolute overkill for the task
at hand. There are many free cms systems like that around. However I thought
of something much more simple. Less features, no plugins, nothing fancy, just
the basic machine. The advantage would be 1) a much easier integration and 2)
less confusion and annoyances at runtime.
I have not checked for such an engine myself. But maybe also a simple wiki
engine might do, if it allows some sort of theming.

Not sure, it was just an idea I thought that makes sense.

Christian Reiner (arkascha)