[Owncloud] Backuen FTP on owncloud5

Laurent RAYSSIGUIER l.rayssiguier at caplaser.fr
Mon Mar 25 09:24:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've installed OWNCLOUD5 on a testing server.
I want to use owncloud for sharing an FTP server, so I want auth users from my ftp server and permit storage on the home directory of users on this server.

I enable APPS < external storage support > and < external user support >.
In admin interface I can see a line to add an external strorage , but nothing to setup external users.
First question, Is it normal ?

I Try to manually change config.php to add the auth from my ftp server.
My config.php file is provided bellow.
With these lines, I had this error :
Error      core      User backend OC_User_FTP not found.

I don't understand how to add ftp auth and I can only find the link bellow to help me, and I have do that :)
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/admin_manual/custom_user_backend.html

Is there someone who has solved this problem and can help me ?
When I successfully setup ftp auth, I will try how to use ftp storage, but first step auth...

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => '5150048854d5e',
  'passwordsalt' => 'fa3eacb927ba7d73a8f58786d82cf7',
  'datadirectory' => '/var/www/websites/owncloud5/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '5.0.0',
 'dbname' => 'owncloud5',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',