[Owncloud] Discussions on the ML

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Thu Mar 21 12:55:35 UTC 2013

On 03/21/2013 01:42 PM, Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> The thing youre describing is actually not a problem, we ask people to
> provide logs etc on github and if we dont have enough information or
> cant reproduce it over a longer period we close the issue anyways.
> Asking for bugs on the mailing lists kinda spams my inbox and keeps me
> from fixing problems.

If I am confident enough that I have discovered a bug, then I file a bug
report on github. But I am not always sure, if that is a bug, so yes, it
makes sense to discuss it here and get feedback from other users.
It happened to me already that I filed a bug on github, and as it turned
out the problem was that the cache in my browser was not cleared, and I
had javascript functions from the pre-upgrade version after an upgrade.
I felt silly to use the time of a developer unnecessarily. (Although I
learned from the experience).

					Yours: Laszlo