[Owncloud] sharing link broken

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Thu Mar 21 08:22:28 UTC 2013

Hello,

Sharing seems not working on my simple test installation. After searching I found that this (or very similar) problem was already reported and according to this post  https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/117 it should have been fixed in version 4.
However, for my test installation, which is ownCloud 5 with local user accounts, Redhat 6 server, Chrome clients the issue seems to persist.

Here is my problem:

If I share a file by email then the URL which is sent by email to the recipent is of form

http://server.xyz/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=765c5cdce92a851c0deca0c56a634fd3&download

When the recipent tries to open the URL in their browser (after logging in to owncloud) they get this error:

Cloud not found

===

Is there a fix to this problem or maybe I am missing something in the configuration. Sorry if this issue was already discussed and there is an obvious resolution.

Many thanks,

kuba