[Owncloud] About Bootstrap and ownCloud

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Mar 20 16:01:31 UTC 2013

On 20.03.2013 16:05, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
Hi,

> What I know is that the design we’re going for – look at the News app or
> the Notes app – is so simple that we do not need Bootstrap. We have what –
> a header, an app navigation bar and for the app a left navigation bar and a
> content area. That’s it.
Yes, I am of course not voting for "use this" or "use that". But your
initial mail sounded very much like "we don't use a framework, we do one
ourselfes". No discussion that this would be stupid, right?

But - what happens if the app developer wants a framework? The ownCloud
surrounding "frame" (header, navigation bar and stuff) is only a piece
of the cake, right? The music plays in the apps imo, and what standard
solution do we offer/recommend/enforce(?) there? Or is every app dev
supposed to bring its own?

Klaas