[Owncloud] Discovering owncloud, user's password storage under Windows

Matthieu Lacroix mlacroix at hopscotch.fr
Tue Mar 19 21:33:10 UTC 2013

Hello

I'm currently setting up a process which includes Owncloud on my LAN (100 machines).

Environment :
Server = Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, owncloud 4.5.7
Client = Windows 7 pro (32 & 64 bits, Windows 2008 R2 domain), owncloud 1.2.0.

I don't want to manually define the user's password. I have an intranet (PHP/MySQL) which stores all this data in a DB (user login, password generated, folders to sync) and by PHP, I can generate all the files, but the user's password is missing.
I saw it's now saved in the Windows registry, so i thought about generating a .reg file on the user's desktop in order to import the owncloud profile by double clicking on it.

In an older version (owncloud 1.1.4) the user's password was set into the owncloud.cfg like passwd="@ByteArray(...)" but this is no more possible in 1.2.0. (an error message is displayed, "entry not found")

Any help would be most appreciated, i can share in return all my PHP/Shell code to generate the folders files sync.

Thanks in advance
Matthieu