[Owncloud] Importing bookmarks

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Tue Mar 19 19:20:02 UTC 2013

On 03/19/2013 07:49 PM, Christian Hügel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i wonder if there is a way to sync Firefox bookmarks automatically to a
> folder which gets synchronised in OC (for example as a html file). On
> the other side, when opening Firefox to automatically import this file.
> Sure, you can manually export/import this file but there must be a way
> to do this without user interaction. Any thoughts?

There is a Mozilla Sync Service App:
http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/Mozilla+Sync+Service?content=155251

It creates a sync server for Firefox in OC, that you can use instead of
the default Mozilla Sync server. You can sync not only the bookmarks
with this, but a number of other Firefox settings and data: extensions,
passwords, tabs, history. It works between different platforms too (even
Android).

I've tested it a bit. It works quite well, although I had to disable
password syncing (kept kicking me out of the owncloud web interface, I
don't know why). Current limitation (as of OC 5.0): it won't work for
users authenticating through LDAP.
(https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/698)

But of course this works only for Firefox.

					Yours: Laszlo