[Owncloud] improving OwnCloud javascript theming/templating

Stefan Nagtegaal development at standoutdesign.nl
Sat Mar 16 11:43:26 UTC 2013

Perhaps you are right, although I'm not quite getting yet why the first pull request is nessecary.
Offcource I already have read the manual, you provided a link to here. In the manual is also written about AngularJS, which imo is bad to use for templating. It's not fast enough, and forces users to learn another way of writing code, instead of just CSS/HTML and a small bit of JS.

I'll look into making proper bug reports/feature requests real soon, so we can *perhaps* combine efforts.

Besides that, I think it's wise to move the standard ownCloud style into a theme "owncloud". This makes things easier to split design vs function through out all the apps/core and leaves us with a standard core.css file, which does not involve any colors or styling at all. Only some reset-styles to make things (more) cross-browser.
This is work that could be done already and could be extended once we complete the splitting and rewriting of code. I will file a feature request for this and try to get things done. (Not very familiar with Github patches and diffs yet unfortunately).

Kind regards, Stefan

Op 16 mrt. 2013, om 12:02 heeft Bernhard Posselt <nukeawhale at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: