[Owncloud] Apps-Review Process

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Mar 14 17:40:44 UTC 2013

It’s good to have more review going on for the apps of course and I agree
with most of your suggestions.

Creating a central repo for the apps and centralizing all testing is the
wrong solution though I think. Who should do the testing? We have few
people as it is, and we need to work on other things. 3rd party devs should
happily be able to develop on their own turf and with their own methods.

Reviewing boils down to: Install the app, click around, look into the
console. Does it work? Are there any errors? Is it fun to use?

That’s just something people need to do, and at the end great apps get the
»Recommended« stamp, and all apps get feedback about what was good and bad
and what to improve. No big scaffolding needed and especially not another
centralized repo as dump for all apps.