[Owncloud] pyOwnCloud release 0.2

Craig Sawyer csawyer at yumaed.org
Tue Mar 12 16:26:40 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm releasing version 0.2 of the python CLI ownCloud client.  The two
biggest changes, are a lot of UI bugs have been fixed, and we know it works
across a variety of Linux machines, and environments.  YAY!  Lots of thanks
to Weuxel and duck.  This code should work fine on Windows and Mac OS X(and
anywhere you can build the libocsync library), but to my knowledge none of
those environments have been tested.

I would consider this beta level code now, it's been tested a fair bit, and
is ready for a wider audience, and ready for some minor production uses. My
organization now has this code in a limited production release.

If you've been waiting until most of the bugs are worked out, and people
actually use it , then now is the time :)

If you do use the code, I'd love to hear about it, if only to say "works
with X version or whatever".

If you need PROXY support, then this release is not for you, that's
probably the only major thing it's missing compared to the GUI ownCloud
client.

Release notes are below:

version 0.2 (released 2013-03-12)
    * Lots of UI cleanup
    * loads more error checking
    * Works beyond the orignal author's machine.
    * Thanks to Weuxel (https://github.com/Weuxel) for lots of documenation
    and cleanup.
    * Thanks to duck (https://github.com/duck) for lots of testing!