[Owncloud] Wrong Certificate on owncloud.org

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Tue Mar 12 14:36:13 UTC 2013

Hi Christian,

this is a problem on your side, probably your proxy does not know about the SSL Server Name Indication (SNI).

Opening owncloud.org on any modern web browser, i.e. the equivalent of

openssl s_client -connect owncloud.org:443 -servername owncloud.org

works as expected, while

openssl s_client -connect owncloud.org:443

indeed delivers the owncloud.com certificate.

Without SNI, every new domain mandates a new IP, and I guess the server only has one.
I will put sysadmin on CC, but I doubt there is much that can be done at this point.

Cheers,
  Daniel